Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm a Grandbitch!

I came into our 'media room' (this is humour..the room is a horror) to read blogs. I'm up-to-the-minute now on all my favourites - The Deblog, The Inner Minx, Skintwriter, Keeper of the Snails, As It Happens, lowebrow, verbatim, Aces Full of Links, Crossword BeBop, Deep Thinker, Light reading, Woulda Coulda Shoulda, this is not a blog and new naughty favourite The Gideonse Bible. I'd like to get up now and draw the curtains. I'd like to put on the light. I'd really like to go to the bathroom! But there's the tiniest dog imaginable curled up between my feet and the legs of my chair. His name is Nico and he belongs to my son's girlfriend. I guess because he's a lady's dog Nico finds me a safe 'port'. We're babysitting him while the son and girlfriend are off on a week-long hike around Cape Scott (the Northern tip of Vancouver Island). Nico has spent much of his day glued to me. I'm definitely going to have to take antihistamines tonight because Nico has fleas and I am so allergic to fleas! He's an adorable little guy though - I'll get a picture of him to post later. He's a chihuahua, but not one of those hairless brown things. He's warm and furry and looks more like a miniature Doberman pinscher. Peter thinks he should have been named Mickey (as in 'Mouse').

4 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Hey Thanks so much for the links! The wee dog sounds hilarious. I am amazed that you are in Victoria. No your neighbours aren't my friends ... now THAT would be a coincidence! My friends are an American married to a kiwi. They are both brilliant writers so you may yet come across them in writing circles? K (the kiwi) has already written up a delightful little report of Victoria ... it sounds an extremely pleasant place to live.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Thanks for the link!

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice use of colours - your self-learning as a blog-guru is coming on nicely

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Grandbitch! - love it!
When our cat had kittens many years ago, I felt like a GrandQueen, Grandbitch would have been so much more suitable!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home