Thursday, August 10, 2006

Haiku Contest

The Deblog has a haiku contest running. Go on - you can do a haiku! I still don't know how to do a link directly to a particular post in someone else's blog, so you're going to have to scroll down and find the contest, but here's a little of what Debra's posted about it...

(1) Write a haiku that contains the word "prose"--used either as a proper noun or not.
(2) Post your haiku on your blog, with a link to the giveaway at book-blog.com.
(3) Let me know about your post by adding a comment here or at book-blog.com.
Post your haikus on or before August 30th, 2006. I'll collect the entries and my daughter (aged ten) and I will pore through them and decide which we like the best. I'll announce a winner on August 31st.

Here we go, Douglas just taught me how to do the link directly to Debra's contest. Thanks so much for the tutoring, Douglas! (Good man and a damned fine poet! Make sure you enter that haiku, Douglas - I think it's very, very good.)

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Douglas said...

At the end of each of Debra's posts, there's a link called "Permalink." Right-click on that link and select "Copy Shortcut" Then go back to Blogger and link in the usual way.

Crack between the worlds
Opens between just two words.
Yet they call it prose?

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger dhamel said...

Douglas, where's your blog this morning?!!

I was going to say, that I like your haiku, but I don't think--as I said to Susan I would--that I should include it in the contest until you put it at your site with the link to mine, lest I be showing favoritism.

But then your site disappeared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home